· The kit is standardized according to the OIE International Standard Serum EU2.
· The kit enables 480 screening tests, including controls.
· The whole kit may be used at one time or sequentially for smaller batches of samples.
· Microtitre wells are coated with the purified and inactivated BHV-1 antigen.
· Total assay time: approximately 2 h.
· The evaluation is based on ratio of the absorbance of the sample to the absorbance of the positive control serum-CUT OFF expressed in percentage (%).
· Tested by the Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic and State Veterinary Institutes in the Czech Republic.
· Approved by the Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicaments, Czech Republic.
· The kit is manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
· Shelf life: 15 months.
· Screening of IBR occurrence in a cattle population.
· Identification of infected or vaccinated animals, checking of vaccination effectiveness.
· Obtaining the background information to formulate sanitation programmes for cattle herds or regions, control of current sanitation process in cattle herds.
· Evaluation of effects of the sanitation programme, ongoing screening in herds after sanitation.
· Control of transported and quarantined animals (export, import).
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples and controls (1:20) in microplate wells.
2. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
3. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
4. Add Conjugate.
5. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
6. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
7. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
8. Incubate for 15 min at room temperature.
9. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
10. Read absorbance photometrically at 450 nm.
11. Evaluate results.