· Microtitre wells are coated with the excretory-secretory ('ES') antigen isolated from the cultured larvae of Toxocara canis.
· If present, specific antibodies bind to the antigen. The complex is labelled with Conjugate and detected through a colour reaction with substrate (TMB-Complete).
· The kit enables 96 tests (including controls) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· The kit contains the Avidity solution, which enables quantitative determination of bond strength of an antibody-antigen complex. Based on this fact, it is possible to distinguish between acute and chronic phase of the disease.
· High sensitivity and specificity.
· Total assay time: approximately 1.5 h.
· CUT-OFF included.
· Semiquantitative evaluation using the index of positivity (IP).
· Controls, Conjugate and substrate (TMB-Complete) are supplied in working strength.
· Colour reagents for easy pipetting.
· Each batch is tested in the National Reference Laboratory.
· Shelf life: 18 months.
· Laboratory screening test for the detection of toxocariasis (larva migrans).
· Differential diagnosis of acute and chronic phase of the disease.
· Monitoring of antibody levels following therapy.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples (1:101).
2. Pipette controls and diluted samples.
3. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
4. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
5. Add Conjugate.
6. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
7. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
8. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
9. Incubate for 15 min at 37 °C.
10. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
11. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
12. Evaluate results.