· Solution and buffer for Giemsa stain intended for staining of blood films.
· Particularly used for visualization of blood parasites and protozoa.
· Shelf life: 6 months.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Prepare non-fixed air-dried blood films.
2. Fix the air-dried specimen in methanol and let it air dry for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Dip the specimen in the diluted GIEMSA stain for 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Wash the specimen in the working strength Dilution buffer or distilled water twice, each time for 1 minute.