· Diagnostic kit for detection and differentiation of infection by viruses Herpes simplex type 1 and/or Herpes simplex type 2 utilizing amplification of conserved specific DNA sequence of one copy glycoprotein B gene by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and measurement of the increase of concentration of the specific product using fluorescence probe.
· Virus HSV-1 is detected in the FAM channel and the presence of HSV-2 in Cy5 channel.
· The kit includes diluted calibrators allowing for quantitative evaluation of the results.
· MasterMix contains DNA nucleotide dUTP and enzyme uracil-DNA-glycosylase (UDG) which enables removal of potential contamination from simultaneous side reactions.
· MasterMix contains the internalized standard which allows to monitor correct reaction process.
· The kit uses “hot start” technology in order to minimize non-specific reactions and provides maximum sensitivity of detection.
· The integrated system of controls allows to monitor the reaction.
· Unique composition of the components ensures great stability of the kit, the GC clips are used.
· The kit is validated on various types of thermocyclers.
· User friendly assay procedure.
· Package size: 25 tests
· Shelf life: 12 months.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dissolve and homogenize MasterMix and pipette it to PCR tubes.
2. Add EnzymeMix.
3. Add DNA isolate.
4. Add calibrators.
5. Close PCR tubes, centrifuge shortly all drops from wall of the tubes.
6. Put the tubes into thermocycler and perform the amplification.
7. Evaluate qualitative and quantitative results.