· Microtitre wells are coated with specific antibodies to SVC virus.
· The kit enables 96 screening tests, including controls.
· The whole kit may be used at one time or sequentially for smaller batches of samples.
· Assay sensitivity (102,8 - 103,5 TCID50 / 0.1 ml of the examined fluid) is sufficient for the routine examination of field samples.
· Total time of survey according to sample incubation duration:
- over night: results in second day.
- rapid test: approximately 2,5h.
· Tested by the Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic and the State Veterinary Institutes in the Czech Republic.
· Approved by the Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicaments, Czech Republic.
· The kit is manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
· Shelf life: 18 months.
· Detection of VHSV in organ homogenates and in the media of infected cell cultures.
· Diagnosis of the infection.
· Control of fish before transport.
· Control of quarantined fish (export, import).
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples and pipette them into the wells:
a) screening test: 1+1 (sample + RASVCV) directly in the wells.
b) titration test: 1+1 (sample + RASVCV) to 1+255, directly in the wells.
a) over night: 14-18 hours at 4-8°C
b) rapid test: 60 min at 37°C
3. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
4. Add Conjugate (an antibody to rabbit IgG labelled with peroxidase).
5. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
6. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
7. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
8. Incubate for 10 min at room temperature (20 °C).
9. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
10. Read absorbance photometrically at 450 nm.
11. Evaluate results.