· Microtitre wells are coated with the TBEV antigen.
· The sample is incubated in a well together with the murine anti-TBEV antibody. Specific anti-TBEV antibodies present in the sample competitively inhibit binding of the murine antibodies to the antigen. In the next step, the Conjugate (porcine anti‑murine antibody labelled with peroxidase) binds to the solid phase in a quantity directly proportionate to the amount of the bound murine anti-TBEV antibody. The complex is detected through a colour reaction with substrate (TMB, H2O2), the intensity of which is in inverse proportion to the amount of specific anti-TBEV antibodies in the tested sample.
· The kit enables 96 tests (including controls) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· High specificity.
· Total assay time: approximately 2.5 h.
· Easy to perform.
· Reagents are supplied in working strength.
· Possibility of semiquantitative evaluation with ratio of mean absorbances: negative control / sample (N/S).
· The kit is intended for the detection of specific anti-TBEV antibodies in sera of all vertebrates, except for mice.
· Laboratory test for the detection of Tick-Borne Encephalitis.
· Checking of effectiveness of vaccination against Tick-Borne Encephalitis.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Pipette controls and samples (50 µl).
2. Pipette the murine anti-TBEV antibody (50 µl).
3. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
4. Aspirate and wash wells 4 times.
5. Add Conjugate.
6. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
7. Aspirate and wash wells 4 times.
8. Add substrate (TMB-complete).
9. Incubate for 15 min at room temperature.
10. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
11. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
12. Evaluate results.