· 2 versions of the kit (screening, confirmative).
· Microtitre wells are coated with the virus antigen (p-24) using monoclonal antibodies (screening microtitre plate is coated with the EBLV antigen).
· The proportion of screening and confirmative microplates can be changed on request.
· Screening kit (5 microplates – 12 × 8 wells) for up to 480 screening tests for samples of blood serum, including controls.
· The whole kit may be used sequentially for smaller batches of samples.
· The positive control corresponds to the Danish positive reference serum E4 (diluted 10 times).
· Total time of survey according to sample incubation duration:
- over night: results in second day.
- rapid test: approximately 2.5 h.
· The evaluation: comparing the absorbance of the sample against the absorbance of the negative control.
· Tested by the Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic and the State Veterinary Institutes in the Czech Republic.
· Approved by the Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicaments, Czech Republic.
· The kit is manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
· Shelf life: 12 months.
· Screening of EBL occurrence in a cattle population.
· Control of current sanitation process in cattle herds.
· Ongoing screening in herds after sanitation.
· Control of transported and quarantined animals (export, import).
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples and controls (1:20) in microplate wells.
a) over night: 14–18 hours at 4–8 °C
b) rapid test: 60 min at 37 °C
3. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
4. Add Conjugate.
5. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
6. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
7. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
8. Incubate for 10 min at room temperature.
9. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
10. Read the absorbance photometrically at 450 nm.
11. Evaluate results.