· Microtitre wells are coated with the TBEV antigen.
· If present, specific antibodies bind to the antigen. The complex is labelled with Conjugate and detected through a colour reaction with substrate (TMB-Complete).
· The kit contains the Avidity solution, which enables quantitative determination of bond strength of an antibody antigen complex. Based on this fact, it is possible to distinguish between acute and chronic phase of the disease.
· The kit enables 96 tests (including controls and calibrators) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· Total assay time: approximately 1.5 h.
· High sensitivity and specificity.
· Colour reagents for easy pipetting.
· Reagents are supplied in working strength, substrate (TMB-Complete) included.
· CUT-OFF included.
· Calibrators (4, 20, 80, 200 AU/ml) included.
· Semiquantitative evaluation using the index of positivity (IP) or quantitative evaluation in AU/ml units, conversion in VIEU/ml.
· Laboratory tests for the detection of Tick-Borne Encephalitis.
· Checking of effectiveness of vaccination against Tick-Borne Encephalitis.
· Checking of therapy results using the semiquantitative and quantitative detection.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples (1:101).
2. Pipette controls and diluted samples.
3. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
4. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
5. Add Conjugate.
6. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
7. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
8. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
9. Incubate for 15 min at 37 °C.
10. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
11. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
12. Evaluate results.