· The kit is standardized according to the OIE International Reference Standard Serum (Community reference serum ADV1).
· The kit enables 480 screening tests, including controls.
· The whole kit may be used sequentially for smaller batches of samples.
· Microtitre wells are coated with the viral antigens.
· ELISA is more sensitive than the virus neutralisation test (VNT) using the 100 TCID50.
· Total assay time: approximately 1,5 h.
· Tested at the Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic and State Veterinary Institutes in the Czech Republic.
· Approved by the Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicaments, Czech Republic.
· The kit is manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
· Shelf life: 24 months.
· Screening of Aujeszky's disease occurrence in swine herds.
· Diagnosis of the infection.
· Checking of vaccination effectiveness.
· Control of transported and quarantined animals (export, import).
· Determination of antibodies in samples of imported unprocessed meat.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples and pipette them into the wells (1:20).
2. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
3. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
4. Add Conjugate.
5. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
6. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
7. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
8. Incubate for 15 min at room temperature.
9. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
10. Read the absorbance photometrically at 450 nm.
11. Evaluate results.