· Microtitre wells are coated with PCP antigen (1-5, 6B, 7F, 8, 9N, 9V, 10A, 11A, 12F, 14, 15B, 17F, 18C, 19F, 19A, 20, 22F, 23F, 33F).
· If present, specific antibodies bind to the antigen. The complex is labelled with Conjugate and detected through a colour reaction with substrate (TMB-Complete).
· The kit enables 96 tests (including controls and calibrators) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· Total assay time: approximately 1.5 h.
· High sensitivity and specificity.
· CUT-OFF and Calibrators (2, 6, 80, 270 U/ml) included.
· Semiquantitative evaluation using the index of positivity (IP) or quantitative evaluation in U/ml units.
· Controls, Conjugate and substrate (TMB-Complete) are supplied in working strength.
· Colour reagents for easy pipetting.
· Diagnostics of post-vaccination antibody response.
· Serological determination of antibodies of pneumococcal infections.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute tested samples (1:101).
2. Pipette controls and diluted samples.
3. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
4. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
5. Add Conjugate.
6. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
7. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
8. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
9. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
10. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
11. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
12. Evaluate results.