· Microtitre wells are coated with the purified and inactivated VZV antigen with high content of specific immuno dominant epitopes.
· If present, specific antibodies bind to the antigen. The complex is labelled with Conjugate and detected through a colour reaction with substrate (TMB-Complete).
· The kit contains the Avidity solution, which enables quantitative determination of the binding strength of an antibody-antigen complex. Based on this fact it is possible to determine phases of the disease more accurately.
· The kit enables 96 tests (including controls) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· Total assay time: approximately 1.5 h.
· High sensitivity and specificity.
· Calibrators (10, 100, 500, 2500 IU/l) included.
· Colour reagents for easy pipetting.
· Semiquantitative evaluation using the index of positivity (IP) or quantitative evaluation in international units IU/l.
· Reagents are supplied in working strength.
· Sample diluent, TMB-Complete and Avidity Solution are interchangeable if provided with identical numeric marking (i.e. Sample Diluent 2, Sample Diluent 3, etc.). Stop Solution and Wash Solution are interchangeable in all TestLine kits.
· Screening test for the detection of specific IgG antibodies in human serum or plasma.
· Checking of therapy results using the semiquantitative detection.
· Disease phase diagnostics.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples of serum/plasma (1:101), cerebrospinal fluid (1:3).
2. Pipette controls and diluted samples.
3. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
4. Aspirate and wash wells 5 times.
5. Add Conjugate.
6. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
7. Aspirate and wash wells 5 times.
8. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
9. Incubate for 30 min at 37 °C.
10. Add Stopping solution.
11. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
12. Evaluate results.