· The kit enables 192 tests, including controls.
· The whole kit may be used at one time, or sequentially for smaller batches of samples.
· Microtitre wells are coated with the purified and inactivated BHV-1 antigen.
· Total assay time according to sample incubation:
- over nigh at +2-8°C: results in a next day
- 120 min: at 37°C: approximately 3,5 h
· The evaluation by the percentage of blocking is based on ratio of the difference between the average absorbance of the negative control serum and the absorbance of the sample to the average absorbance of the negative control serum expressed in percentage (%)
· Tested at the Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic and State Veterinary Institutes in the Czech Republic.
· Approved by the Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicaments, Czech Republic.
· The kit is manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
· Shelf life: 12 months.
· Screening of IBR occurrence in a cattle population.
· Verification of clinical suspicion of disease appearance, verification of virus circulation in herds.
· Confirmation of indefinite results obtained by screening Elisa tests and SNT.
· Obtaining the background information to formulate sanitation programmes for cattle herds or regions, control of current sanitation process in cattle herds.
· Evaluation of effects of the sanitation programme, ongoing screening in herds after sanitation.
· Control of transported and quarantined animals (export, import).
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute serum or plasma samples, (1:2). Do not dilute samples of skimmed milk.
- over night: 14-18 hour at +2-8°C
- 120 min: at 37°C
3. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
4. Add Conjugate.
5. Incubate for 60 min at room temperature.
6. Aspirate and wash the wells 4 times.
7. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
8. Incubate for 15 min at room temperature.
9. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
10. Read absorbance photometrically at 450 nm.
11. Evaluate results.