· Microtitre wells are coated with the antibody to human IgA.
· All the IgA antibodies in the sample, including specific anti-T.gondii antibodies (if present), bind to the anti-human IgA antibody in quantities proportionate to their presence. The specific antibodies bound to the solid phase are subsequently labelled with the Tracer (T. gondii antigen + anti-T.gondii monoclonal antibody to the surface protein p-30 of T. gondii conjugated with horseradish peroxidase) and detected through a colour reaction with substrate (TMB-Complete).
· The kit enables 96 tests (including controls) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· High sensitivity and specificity.
· Total assay time: approximately 2.5 h.
· Controls, Conjugate and substrate (TMB-Complete) are supplied in working strength.
· Sample diluent, TMB-Complete and Avidity Solution are interchangeable if provided with identical numeric marking (i.e. Sample Diluent 2, Sample Diluent 3, etc.). Stop Solution and Wash Solution are interchangeable in all TestLine kits.
· CUT-OFF included.
· Semiquantitative evaluation using the index of positivity (IP).
· Colour reagents for easy pipetting.
· Screening test for the detection of acute infection with Toxoplasma gondii in humans.
· Checking of therapy results using the semiquantitative determination.
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples (1:101).
2. Pipette controls and diluted samples.
3. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
4. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
5. Add Tracer.
6. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
7. Aspirate and wash the wells 5 times.
8. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
9. Incubate for 20 min at 37 °C.
10. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
11. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
12. Evaluate results.