· "Selective" precipitation of soluble human serum antigen-antibody immunocomplexes in polyethylenglycol (PEG) and borate buffer.
· Precipitate amount is measured turbidimetrically at 450 nm.
· The kit enables 240 tests (including controls) within the microtitre plate made of colour-coded strips and breakable wells.
· Total assay time: approximately 1.5 hour.
· Negative control, CUT-OFF and Positive control included.
· Evaluation using the index of positivity (IP) or in units: (Absorbance of sample in PEG buffer - Absorbance of sample in borate buffer) x 1000.
· Shelf life: 24 months.
· Detection of immunocomplexes generated in later stages of disease.
· Monitoring of disease process by observation of dynamics of circulating immunocomplexes concentration dynamics (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, chronic glomerulonephritis, tumors - late stages, recovery of VHB ).
Brief assay procedure:
1. Prepare controls, incubate them for 30 min at room temperature.
2. Dilute samples.
3. Pipette borate buffer and PEG buffer.
4. Add controls and diluted samples.
5. Mix thoroughly.
6. Incubate for 60 min at 21-25 °C.
7. Mix thoroughly.
8. Read photometrically at 450 nm.
9. Evaluate results.