· UREASAtest 50 is a diagnostic medium for the rapid detection of the urease activity of Helicobacter pylori in bioptic samples of gastric mucosa. Most strains of H. pylori have urease activity, i.e. they hydrolyse urea and produce ammonia. The ammonia is trapped by the medium and changes the medium's pH. The increased alkalinity of the medium causes a change in the colour of a pH indicator from yellow to red.
· Shelf life: 12 months.
· Microbiological diagnostic medium for rapid detection of Helicobacter pylori urease activity in gastric mucosa biopsies.
Brief test procedure:
1. Place bioptic samples of gastric mucosa into the vessels marked with sample numbers. Close the vessels. (Work under aseptic conditions.)
2. Incubate the vessels containing samples for 1 and 3 hours at room temperature.
3. Read results 1 and 3 hours after the start of the incubation.
4. Evaluate results.