· Microtitre wells are coated with specific antibodies to VHS virus.
· The kit enables 48 screening tests in duplicates, including controls.
· The whole kit may be used at one time, or sequentially for smaller batches of samples.
· Assay sensitivity (103 TCID50 / 0.1 ml of the examined fluid) is sufficient for the routine examination of field samples.
· Total assay time: approximately 4 h.
· Tested by the Veterinary Research Institute, Brno, Czech Republic and the State Veterinary Institutes in the Czech Republic.
· Approved by the Institute for State Control of Veterinary Biologicals and Medicaments, Czech Republic.
· The kit is manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
· Shelf life: 18 months.
· Detection of VHSV in organ homogenates and in the media of infected cell cultures.
· Diagnosis of the infection.
· Control of fish before transport.
· Control of quarantined fish (export, import).
Brief assay procedure:
1. Dilute samples and pipette them into the wells:
a) screening test: 1+1 - dilute the samples directly in the wells.
b) titration test: 1+1 to 1+255 - dilute the samples directly in the wells.
2. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
3. Aspirate and wash the wells 3 times.
4. Add rabbit antibodies to VHSV.
5. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
6. Aspirate and wash the wells 3 times.
7. Add Conjugate (an antibody to rabbit IgG labelled with peroxidase).
8. Incubate for 60 min at 37 °C.
9. Aspirate and wash the wells 3 times.
10. Add substrate (TMB-Complete).
11. Incubate for 10 min at 20 °C.
12. Add Stopping solution (H2SO4).
13. Read absorbance photometrically at 450 nm.
14. Evaluate results.