Microblot-Array (MBA) is a new generation of a market-unique immunoblot array in a microtiter plate format. It is designed for efficient multiplex diagnostics, enabling the simultaneous detection of multiple markers which is time and cost-saving.
The technology eliminates the limited capacity of traditional BLOT strips and opens the way to high throughput testing.
Simple processing can be done manually or automatically using any open ELISA analysers.
The comprehensive evaluation is ensured by the TestLine Reader and Software (SW) for complex image analysis, including results evaluation and connectivity to LIS.
- Microblot-Array principle
- Microblot-Array advantages
- Microblot-Array kit
- Microblot-Array products
The principle is the same as immunoblot, but the microplate is used instead of a strip.
During the test, specific antibodies from a sample bind with antigens in a well. Next, the wells are incubated by conjugate, during the bound antibodies react with the alkaline phosphatase labelled antibody. Visualization of this reaction is done by incubation with substrate solution. The reaction is stopped by distilled water. The intensity of antigenic spots is measured by the Reader, and the results are evaluated by interactive Software.
To verify the validity of the assay, the wells contain control spots to check for the presence of the appropriate conjugate and control spots to check the functionality and sensitivity of the kit. To allow quantitative evaluation, the wells also contain calibration spots.
|Maximum antigens per strip/well||19||44|
|Tests per kit||20||up to 96|
|Maximum capacity per strip/well||21 bands||200 spots|
|Sample consumption per test||30 µl||10 µl|
- Analysis of up to 96 samples per microplate
- Highly specific recombinant antigens are spotted in triplicate to minimize errors
- Up to 44 different antigens (parameter) in one well
- Low sample consumption (10 μl)
- Ready-to-use (RTU) reagents
- Color-coded wells to distinguish individual immunoglobulin classes
- Breakable wells Identical assay procedure
- Incubation: 30-30-15 min
- Remote troubleshooting and technical support
- Possibility of automated processing using open ELISA instruments
- Automatic test identification due to barcode at the bottom on each well
- Evaluation of individual antigens and their association with pathogen species or disease type
- Evaluation of full plate by Reader and Software in 5 min
All reagents are ready-to-use:
- Positive control – solution containing specific antibodies
- Conjugate – solution containing alkaline phosphatase labelled animal immunoglobulin
- Substrate solution – buffer with BCIP and NBT
- Universal solution – buffer for sample dilution and strip washing
Recombinant antigens are spotted in triplicate on a nitrocellulose membrane and fixed at the bottom of each well. The microplate consists of 96 breakable wells, and each well represents one test. At the bottom of each well is a barcode for automatic identification by the Reader.
Each well is breakable for flexible testing.
Every spot in triplicate:
- Reference spots – controlling spots localization during the SW evaluation
- Test control - checking the functionality of the test
- Conjugate control - verification of the presence and functionality of conjugate
- 4 calibration spots – creating a calibration curve to quantitative evaluation
- Diagnostic spots
Color-coded wells to distinguish antibody class:
- IgG – blue
- IgA – green
- IgM – red
The processing of Microblot-Array kits is identical to the standard performance of other immuno-enzymatic tests with the possibility of using ELISA instruments (automatic analyser, washer).
TestLine kits are compatible with majority of open ELISA instruments as ELISA-like plate is used.
Use this procedure for EIA analyser
- Allow all reagents to come to the room temperature and put them in the analyser.
- Insert MBA plate in a holder and follow the instructions on the analyser.
- Remove the plate and all reagents from the analyser when the run is finished. Close all reagents and store them according to the defined storage conditions.
- Evaluate your results using the Reader and Software.
DSX (Dynex Technologies, USA)
Agility® (Dynex, USA)
Gemini (STRATEC Biomedical AG, DE)
DS2 (Dynex Technologies, USA)
Evaluation of the results is done by the Reader and Software. It is based on a combination of positive specific antigen spots. Individual antigens are always spotted in triplicate and Software automatically optimizes evaluation of the test. All kinds of evaluations are done by software.
- Fast high-quality scanning
- Scanning of selected wells/strips
- Automated spot localization and image analysis
- Optimized for 96-well microtiter plate format
- Highly interactive SW with comprehensible reporting
- Evaluation based on the combination of positive antigen spots: qualitative, quantitative (U/ml), or semiquantitative (IP)
- Automated test identification
- Intuitive and user-friendly guiding throughout the results evaluation
- Complex image analysis
- Optional manual control of spot localization
- Detailed results comparison within single wells and spots
- Evaluation of the tests’ validity through control spots
- Export of results in various formats
- LIS connectivity
- Microblot-Array Borrelia IgG
- Microblot-Array Borrelia IgM
- Microblot-Array Borrelia afzelii IgG
- Microblot-Array Borrelia afzelii IgM
- Microblot-Array Borrelia b. sensu stricto IgG
- Microblot-Array Borrelia b. sensu stricto IgM
- Microblot-Array Borrelia garinii IgG
- Microblot-Array Borrelia garinii IgM
- Microblot-Array Chlamydia IgA
- Microblot-Array Chlamydia IgG
- Microblot-Array EBV IgA
- Microblot-Array EBV IgG
- Microblot-Array EBV IgM
Upcoming new products
- Microblot-Array Herpetic Infections IgM
- Microblot-Array Herpetic Infections IgG
- Microblot-Array Autoimmune Neuropathy IgG
- Microblot-Array Ganglioside Profile IgM
- Microblot-Array Ganglioside Profile IgG
- Microblot-Array Gastroinfection IgA
- Microblot-Array Gastroinfection IgG
- Microblot-Array Atypical Respirations IgA
- Microblot-Array Atypical Respirations IgMv
- Microblot-Array Atypical Respirations IgG
- Microblot-Array LKM Profile IgG